Wednesday 24 October 2018

Reading This Week



For the past week I have started reading a book called The House of Spies a nonfiction
story by Griselda Gifford. So far in the book there is a girl called Pipkin that lived in the 
time when Hitler and the war was around, a bomb was deployed right next to their house but 
did not explode. So they got moved to the local pub to live until their house is safe. Her 
cat (Thomasina) was missing so she had started looking for her back at the house, she meets 
her friend Harry and he can’t find his goat they find both animals back at Pipkins house then 
the bomb explodes while they were there but the survive. Then they go stay at Harry place.


My goal is to predict what will happen next or at the end of the book, in chapter three I 
predicted that the bomb would explode and I was right! From what I have read I predict that 
the builders will say the house is unsafe to stay in so they would have to find a different house 
to stay because the last thing I read was that the soldier guarding the blown up blown said the
builds will have to check out the house before they can start living there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment