Wednesday 16 March 2016

Planting Beautiful Marigolds

Arriving at Pukeiti* was a beautiful sight, bushes and trees decorated with flowers. All I could hear is the the chirps of the birds and the chattering of the people around me as we strolled through the bush of Harakeke, ferns and native trees for our last activity. I was in a group named Ranganui. I could just spot a clearing it was really bright because in the bush the trees are blocking out the sun. As we strolled out into the clearing and I saw what looked like a hut.

"Hello and welcome everyone" a lady said "does anyone know what this seed is?" It was a Marigold.
She told us to come to a table to fold a pot each out of toilet rolls  then filled it with soil. She handed us the seeds and we planted them. After we had planted our Marigolds she told us how to look after it, water it every couple of days.

                     Facts:

1. Marigolds close when it's going to rain.
2. Marigolds close when it's dark and opened at day.
3. You can eat the flowers straight from the plant!

If we wanted we could try an eatable seed, to me it tasted like lemon. There was also a bean you could eat but I didn't want it. She showed us how to fold the top like an envelope. That was my favourite thing about the day.

*Pukeiti Gardens is a small sort of forest on the mountain. We had gone there last year. Its latest upgrade is a garden it still needs the plants. It is a beautiful place filled with bush and amazing nature.



Emma: Next time you should add some punctuation. I like how you hooked the reader in at the beginning, I also like how you said how the seed tasted.

Aylah: Next time you should more exciting words. I like how you put arriving at pukeiti it was a beautiful sight and fact's about marigold.
Great job Isabel

Pascoe: I like how you started your story, next time you should use some more punctuation, I like how you put some facts.
Yay



No comments:

Post a Comment