Friday 9 June 2017

Term 1 and 2 Reflection

Term 1 & 2 Reflection

So far this year we have discovered lots of new things and have enjoyed most of them.

In math we have done quite a few different things like decimals , tiny house…… For decimals I have struggled quite a bit but I am getting better at it. I have learned to add and subtract decimals. The thing about decimals that I hate is when I get it wrong then I feel ready to give up.For tiny house we had to find the perimeter and area of the furniture and try and fit everything required in the tiny house.

Outside the classroom has been fun too because of the awesome activities, here are a few of the activities; Survival Swimming, Write around NZ and Tech……
Tech was my favourite subject out of class because I was with my friends in Wearable Arts. The most fun thing about Wearable Arts was creating a costume for October for the competition, our costume is a peacock and Pascoe is the model. The annoying part was when there was nothing to do because I wanted to help so bad! And  survival swimming was fun and quite boring. Now that I’ve learnt about surviving in the water I am scared of  it!

Inside the class has been interesting and fun at the same time.
For Write Around NZ we had to finish a poster and send it to a intermediate school in Rotorua. We also did an ANZAC project that involved math, reading, writing and creativity, in my group was Aylah and Libby. We had about a week to finish the project, the first part we had to do was find out about life in the 1900’s, then we had to choose a solider that was related to one of us. Unfortunately we had quite a few soldiers to choose from but in the end we chose one and found a lot about James Roland Russell. Also we had to find war in numbers and a few other stuff, at the end of the week we had to make a care package for the soldiers.

STEM: The most fun thing about STEM is working together and building or creating what we have planned, also enjoying the results in this I have learned to work together and create a structure and to include everyone’s ideas. The most annoying part was when something went wrong or when it didn’t turn as well as we thought.

Two weeks after school started we started Toko TV, we had a lot to learn and a lot to get right. Now we have had quite a bit of experience and we are doing it quite well now. I am ALWAYS backstage because I do not like being in front of the camera. Japanese was another thing we learned over the 2nd term, we know how to introduce people, say the greetings and introduce ourselves.

I don’t have a leadership role but I want one next year. Next year I want to be a House Leader, house leaders help with the wicked wheel (it is an activity we do at the end of each term). There are house leaders for four different color house. Kahikitia (green), Totora (blue), Rimu (red) and Kauri (yellow). The leadership role I do not want is an Enviro Leader because they have to go to lots of stuff and speak to lots of people.


By the end of next year I want to be able to do decimals (,-,x, and division are the ones I can’t do well). I am looking forward to more tech and camp. Near the end of the year we are going to Rotorua for camp! And for tech I want to do cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment